[erlang-questions] Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Christian S chsu79@REDACTED
Thu Jun 5 21:18:13 CEST 2008

> That's true - relational databases have ossified. The original Date book
> on SQL databases, IIRC, seemed to cast them in the light of being a tool
> for executives to quickly and arbitrarily query the company's
> information repository. I cant quite remember what the orginal IBM SQL
> database was called, but Query-By-Example seemed to be an essential element.

My experience with rdbms told me that it is a really bad idea to write
queries that depend on table names and layouts. That is what makes it
so hard to evolve a db. All the applications using it depend on the
current schema.

So stored procedures are a really good idea.

I assume there is a similar lesson to mnesia, put all your transaction
funs for a given mnesia-using application in a single module.