[erlang-questions] Reia - Python/Ruby mix targeting Beam/HiPE

Hynek Vychodil vychodil.hynek@REDACTED
Thu Jun 5 11:44:54 CEST 2008

I feel it bad. Breaking single assignment is not good idea. In mine opinion
it would be messy. References (aliasing) will work inside one process but
doesn't outside by message passing. Or is there plan to enable aliasing
between processes? Weird. There is not any word about it.

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Gleb Peregud <gleber.p@REDACTED> wrote:

> I've stumbled upon this link few moments ago:
>
> http://reia-lang.org/
>
> And thought it will be interesing for fellow erlangers.
>
> > Reia (pronounced RAY-uh) is a Python/Ruby-like mixed-paradigm language
> > targeting the Erlang virtual machine (BEAM) and high-performance
> > native compiler (HiPE). Reia aims to expose all the features and
> functionality
> > of Erlang in a language more familiar to programmers of scripting
> > languages, while improving string handling, regular expressions,
> > linking with external libraries, and other tasks which are generally
> > considered outside the scope of Erlang.
>
> --
> Gleb Peregud
> http://gleber.pl/