[erlang-questions] running programs from win com prompt?

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Thu Jun 5 07:12:05 CEST 2008

Greetings,

To run a function in a compiled module you do
erl -noshell -run module function -init stop

Modules are (usually) written and saved from your favourite editor. I
have an erlang shell running in one pane of acme
(http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Using_acme/index.html) and copy
working code from the shell to the file under development (in another
pane).

Is the file you mention as example.erl a module or a lot of nice command
lines for the shell?
A module should be compiled with erlc
(http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erlc.html) before loading it. Or use the
shell command c(module_name) which will load it automatically.

Shell commands I copy from the file into the shell.
You could also look at file:consult/1 or file:eval/1
(http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/file.html).

The shell will load compiled modules from the working directory or from
the load path. Files are located relative to the working directory.

bengt