[erlang-questions] Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Wed Jun 4 17:18:20 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Per Melin <per.melin@REDACTED> wrote:
> 2008/6/4 Damien Morton <dmorton@REDACTED>:
>> I think Bob hit the nail on the head with this.
>>
>> No database is needed. Everything can pretty much be achieved with files
>> containing fixed-length records.
>
> And indeed, Twitter wrote on their blog Saturday:
> "Our new architecture will move our reliance to a simple, elegant
> filesystem-based approach, rather than a collection of database
> [sic]."

I totally forgot that twitter messages are limited to 160 characters.
Yeah, that makes it even easier... with those constraints I doubt I'd
have even used a database in a prototype, let alone production.

-bob