[erlang-questions] Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Wed Jun 4 17:02:47 CEST 2008

On Jun 4, 9:16 am, Damien Morton <dmor...@REDACTED> wrote:
> No database is needed. Everything can pretty much be achieved with files
> containing fixed-length records.

...but you probably took my comment "and the inevitable(?) RDBMS" as
meaning that the architecture should be database-centric - actually
that's not what it meant -- as I described previously the RDBMS does
have a place for user accounts (not for the tweet storage). The
"inevitability" part was referring to the fact that pretty much any
(not all!) large-scale architecture will "need" an RDBMS "somewhere".