[erlang-questions] Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Dale Harvey harveyd@REDACTED
Sun Jun 1 17:03:02 CEST 2008

Flash sockets can open links to external sites, it requires the same
verification as local sites now do since (v9.0.16.0?) which means when
you try to .connect, flash will setup a temporary connection, send a
<policy-file-request/> and expects an xml snippet that looks something
like http://api.flickr.com/crossdomain.xml.

An IP lookup does sound nicer than a full http proxy, As far as I know you
cant do cross domain POSTs with js though, GET works fine with json
return.