[erlang-questions] Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Steve steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sun Jun 1 16:08:00 CEST 2008

On Jun 1, 3:41 am, "David Mitchell" <monch1...@REDACTED> wrote:
> I'm just curious if that's what
> you're suggesting, or whether you've got something else in mind.

Actually, I haven't fully thought it all through in detail (I'm
supposed to be 100% on my own projects, lol) but I had in mind
something like...

...an MQ backend with maybe a publish and subscribe queue for each
user where the web app instances/sms gateways act as clients to
collect the tweets for presentation/forwarding to the current follower/
user...
...I also was thinking of a peer to peer queue between MQ instances
that would allow for separating the messaging volume out (to allow
unlimited scaling) into messaging "domains" or regions across multiple
instances...
... And that the user accounts (far less volume) could be probably
stored in a single RDBMS *cluster* (think oracle replication), and
possibly the account data could hold appropriate routing info to the
users' "messaging domain"...

...all very vague but seems to me to be the right direction to go.

Regs,
Steve