[erlang-questions] Message Receive Semantics (was eep: Multiple Patterns)

Ulf Wiger <>
Sun Jun 1 12:59:47 CEST 2008

The simplest (and most ubiquitous) case is

The function gen:await_resp(...) uses pattern matching
to check different messages that relate to the request
sent. It touches no other messages.

It's a form of scoped receive, and there are of course
other ways to achieve the same thing.

Ulf W