[erlang-questions] Message Receive Semantics (was eep: Multiple Patterns)

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sun Jun 1 12:59:47 CEST 2008

Steve,

The simplest (and most ubiquitous) case is
gen_server:call().

The function gen:await_resp(...) uses pattern matching
to check different messages that relate to the request
sent. It touches no other messages.

It's a form of scoped receive, and there are of course
other ways to achieve the same thing.

BR,
Ulf W