[erlang-questions] First look at Scalaris on OS X

Thorsten Schuett schuett@REDACTED
Sat Jul 26 10:42:45 CEST 2008

On Friday 25 July 2008, Dave Bryson wrote:
> If you're interested in Scalaris but haven't had the chance to fire it
> up yet, I've posted a few screen shots and some instructions on what
> it took for me to build it on Mac OS X 10.5.
>
> http://weblog.miceda.org/2008/07/25/first-look-at-scalaris-on-os-x-105/
Hi Dave,

thanks for trying scalaris. I saw that you have problems with URLs as keys.
Could you post the URL which crashed yaws so that we can fix the problem? I
tried some URLs but it worked for me.

Regarding your screenshots: On the RRD tabs you can watch various system
parameters over time. The "RRD Messages" is currently disabled. But we will
reenable it in the near future. There, you could see how many messages of
which type were sent. We are very interested in knowing which kind of
messages cause the most network traffic.

The "RRD Status" is currently more useful. It tells you (from top to bottom)
how many scalaris nodes are currently known, how many items/key-value pairs
are stored in the system, how many items are stored per node on average, the
standard  deviation of the average load, the average size of the routing
table, and the standard deviation of the average routing table size.

Thanks,
  Thorsten