[erlang-questions] fast JSON parser in C

Chris Anderson jchris@REDACTED
Fri Jul 25 21:17:29 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Patrick Logan <patrickdlogan@REDACTED> wrote:

> I'm not sure what is meant by "preserve order" in regard to the JSON
> spec.
> If this is intended to mean...
>
> json -> erlang -> json
>
> results in a json sequence of characters describing a json object
> whose members occur in the same sequence as the sequence found in the
> json input, then that seems more expensive than necessary.

I was just pointing out that in terms of current implementation,
CouchDB does exactly that - eg. it goes above and beyond the JSON spec
(without extra expense, this is just a side-effect of how its parser
works). All other things being equal, it'd be nice to maintain this
"feature". But it's not necessary, if it imposes expense.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com