[erlang-questions] fast JSON parser in C

Chris Anderson <>
Wed Jul 23 21:45:37 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Jonathan Gray <> wrote:
> However when I get a big chunk (around 80-120K) directly from Erlang as
> binary (using term_to_binary in erlang), I'm unable to decode it using
> erl_interface erl_decode, though it can be decoded fine from within Erlang.

Good to know - CouchDB's Erlang -> JSON encoding is fast enough to not
need help from C. I'm just working on making the JSON -> Erlang fast
enough, so as long as I can get string buffers over to C in the first
place, it sounds like you're not having a problem moving data from C
back to Erlang.

Time to buckle down and code!

Chris Anderson