[erlang-questions] fast JSON parser in C

Jonathan Gray jlist@REDACTED
Wed Jul 23 17:31:57 CEST 2008

Chris,

Considering your primary goal is speed, you definitely don't want to use my
implementation.

I use an intermediate translation into a custom typed JSON tree.  It's a
poor approach when you need it to be as fast as possible.  It's done this
way for simplicity reasons as the JSON -> tree (and vice versa) already
existed when we wanted to then go to Erlang/ETERM.  If a direct parser
existed I'd certainly use it.

I'm still exploring the issues with segfaulting during decoding.  It's been
suggested to me to use ei rather than erl_interface, but it's quite a bit
more involved.  An ideal JSON -> Erl parser would certainly be using ei
directly, so I'd dig around there for how you can build/decode Erlang from
within C.

http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/ei.html

Jonathan