[erlang-questions] Can I do var-assignment in a function?

Philip Robinson chlorophil@REDACTED
Wed Jul 23 14:04:32 CEST 2008

You are almost there: you need to replace the period on the second
line with a comma.

extract(Str) ->
    A = string:tokens(Str, " "),
    lists:sort(A).

Generally speaking, sequential statements in a block are separated by
commas; blocks are separated by semi-colons; and functions are
terminated by a period.  Watch out for guards, though - commas and
semi-colons are used differently there.

Cheers,
Philip