[erlang-questions] Erlang and ISDN

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Jul 22 12:22:01 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 11:48:38AM +0200, Corrado Santoro wrote:
}  in your knowledge, is there any project to interface Erlang with ISDN
}  boards?

Well there's good news, and bad news.  The good news is that yes,
yes there is:

	http://netaccess-erldrv.googlecode.com

The bad news is that they stopped manufacturing those boards a
couple years ago.  You may still be able to buy them on eBay
however and I do have a box of them that I'm probably never
going to use.  Ask me if you're interested.

These were wonderful boards which had high density HDLC engines
on them.  A dual E1 board had 64 engines which meant that you
could run more D-channels that you had timeslots, a configuration
which I actually used in large IWFs.

While I'm at it I'll drop another plug for my LAPD protocol
stack imlementation:

	http://lapderl.googlecode.com

I do have erlang drivers, similiar to the netaccess one, for the
NMS boards as well however I've never cleaned them up and released
them.  These were used more for the SS7 boards and the ISDN API
isn't entirely finished.  If you were interested though I could
boot strap you on those boards.

	http://www.nmscommunications.com/DevPlatforms/OpenAccess/DigitalPSTN/default.htm

	-Vance