[erlang-questions] Are you using {packet, http} ?

Paulo Sérgio Almeida psa@REDACTED
Fri Jul 18 17:59:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

Sverker Eriksson wrote:

> I suppose you mean to return the same http-tuples but with binaries
> instead of lists for the string values.

Yes.

> One problem here is backward compatibility (again). At least Yaws is
> already using the combination [binary,{packet,http}]. We could of course

Looks like it is in just a couple of places. In the others it uses plain
{packet, http} without binary, or it uses binary in others after
switching to raw or line mode. It should be simple to change. But
perhaps Claes can answer that.

> argue our right to change an undocumented feature, but is it worth it?

The point is that I think having the possibility is useful. And if we
are to fix it, it is now (that it is becoming official) or never.

Regards,
Paulo