[erlang-questions] Fault-Tolerant TCP/IP Servers

David Terrell dbt@REDACTED
Wed Jul 16 19:43:54 CEST 2008

If you control (or can test) the client application, see if you can
simply point your DNS to multiple addresses (sometimes called round
robin DNS).  This puts the retry all server logic in the client app, but
it doesn't require extra mechanics like firewall/sync.

If it doesn't properly try all addresses in the DNS, then I second the
recommendation to use OpenBSD CARP+PFSync.