[erlang-questions] Erlang implementation

Ben Hood 0x6e6562@REDACTED
Mon Jul 14 23:38:05 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Tim Fletcher <twoggle@REDACTED> wrote:

>> If not, is anybody contemplating doing this before I start looking into this?
>
> I had a quick stab last week, but only just got around to tidying up
> my code.
>
> Still incomplete, but it's a start: http://github.com/tim/erlang-protobuf/tree/master

That's exactly reason why I let it go for a while because I was so
sure that somebody would be working on it :-)

BTW, I see you've made a few design decisions about how to build a
proto compiler.

Did you think it was going to be easier to write a parser in Erlang
rather than re-target the C++ compiler for Erlang?

Also, I see you've decide against using a parser generator - was there
a reason why?

Ben