[erlang-questions] [Kai-users] Kai - An Open Source Implementation of Amazon's Dynamo

Justin Sheehy justin@REDACTED
Sun Jul 13 19:34:11 CEST 2008

On 7/13/08 12:13 PM, "Takeru INOUE" <takeru.inoue@REDACTED> wrote:

> What good news!
> We were seeking vector clocks and Merkle tree.

I'll certainly let you know as soon as I have prepared a release, which
should not take much work.  The code already exists, it is just a matter of
packaging and licensing.

> But I don't know whether it is better to merge two projects, because
> current goals of the projects are a little bit different and systems
> will be complicated if merging.
> This is not as negative criticism, but I think that it is hard to
> merge the projects until both projects are getting stable (at least
> Kai is not stable :).

Of course.  On that topic I was partially responding agreeably to Jan's idea
and partially speculating about the future.

> I'd like to discuss elemental technologies, such as
> reliability and vector clocks

I'm happy to discuss these any time.  I have now joined the kai mailing
lists -- but only the English versions.  It looks like most of the
conversation happens on the -jp lists, which I am sadly unable to read.

-Justin