[erlang-questions] sqlite interface module (and interfacing C libraries in general).

Gleb Peregud <>
Fri Jul 11 15:44:25 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Nicola Lugato <> wrote:
> Hello, i was wandering if a module for interfacing sqlite exists.. I
> searched on google but no useful results came out.
> Also, supposing i have a C library (a shared object or dll), how can i
> write a binding for it for erlang?
> Thanks, Nicola

May you describe for what purposes are you going to use SqlLite with
Erlang? Maybe Mnesia will be enough?

>From Mnesia reference manual:

> Listed below are some of the most important and attractive capabilities, Mnesia provides:
>     * A relational/object hybrid data model which is suitable for telecommunications applications.
>     * A specifically designed DBMS query language, QLC (as an add-on library).
>     * Persistence. Tables may be coherently kept on disc as well as in main memory.
>     * Replication. Tables may be replicated at several nodes.
>     * Atomic transactions. A series of table manipulation operations can be grouped into a single atomic transaction.
>     * Location transparency. Programs can be written without knowledge of the actual location of data.
>     * Extremely fast real time data searches.

For further details take a look at:

I have no experience in writing bindings for Erlang, hence i'll leave
this part for more experienced erlang hackers.

Best regards,
Gleb Peregud

Every minute is to be grasped.
Time waits for nobody.