[erlang-questions] mnesia memory leak?

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Thu Jul 10 08:47:19 CEST 2008

Hmm the problem in R12 is that it doesn't garbage collect if there is no log to be dumped
when the node uses disk, i.e. no transactions to disk tables are being done.

Here is the patch that will make it to the next release.

/Dan

Patch:
mnesia_dumper.erl
116,122c116,117
< 	    case mnesia_monitor:use_dir() of
< 		true ->
< 		    dumped;
< 		_ ->
< 		    mnesia_recover:allow_garb(),
< 		    dumped
< 	    end;
---
 > 	    mnesia_recover:allow_garb(),
 > 	    dumped;

mnesia_recover.erl
106,111c106,119
<     Old = val(previous_transient_decisions),
<     Next = create_transient_decision(),
<     {Prev, ReallyOld} = sublist([Curr | Old], 10, []),
<     [?ets_delete_table(Tab) || Tab <- ReallyOld],
<     set(previous_transient_decisions, Prev),
<     set(latest_transient_decision, Next).
---