[erlang-questions] Preferred Platform for Erlang?

Sébastien Arnaud arnaudsj@REDACTED
Mon Jul 7 21:25:49 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I have been diving into the magical world of Erlang over the past 6 months
and as I am getting ready to write and deploy my first OTP application, I
was actually wondering if there was a preferred platform for Erlang? I am
going to be implementing a calculation intensive application so any speed-up
would be appreciated!

Basically, I have been developing on OS X and deploying on Linux (AMD64,
with Hipe enabled) but wondered if Solaris would yield better performance
for Erlang since I had read many places that Solaris was heavily used during
Erlang's coming of age.

If there is no clear answer, is there a well-accepted erlang benchmark that
can be used to test various configurations/platforms and compare the
results?

BTW keep up the good work Erlang team, it's been a refreshing and fun
experience so far to learn Erlang.

Cheers!

Sébastien