[erlang-questions] Question on Diagraph module

Balu Balasubramanian <>
Tue Jan 29 09:16:06 CET 2008

I am new to Erlang!

Can some one explain why I am getting the last error message (badarith) that I get with digraph module in stdlib.
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5.4 [source] [64-bit] [async-threads:0] [kernel -poll:false]
Eshell V5.5.4  (abort with ^G)
1> G=digraph:new().
2> digraph:info(G).
3> digraph:info().
=ERROR REPORT==== 8-Jan-2008::22:02:06 ===
Error in process  with exit value: {undef,[{digraph,info,[]},{erl_eval,d o_apply,5},{shell,exprs,6},{shell,eval_loop,3}]}
** exited: {undef,[{digraph,info,[]},
                   {shell,eval_loop,3}]} **
% the above error is obvious as digraph:info/0 is udnefined. But now,
4> digraph:info(G).
=ERROR REPORT==== 8-Jan-2008::22:02:08 ===
Error in process  with exit value: {badarith,[{digraph,info,1},{erl_eval ,do_apply,5},{shell,exprs,6},{shell,eval_loop,3}]}
** exited: {badarith,[{digraph,info,1},
                      {shell,eval_loop,3}]} **
% Can some one please explain the above badarith error? Are there known issues with the digraph module?
5> init:script_id().
{"OTP  APN 181 01","R11B"}