[erlang-questions] newbie: how to clear a mailbox of a process?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Mon Jan 28 14:17:13 CET 2008

Anthony Kong writes:

 > Sorry, I don't think the subject line makes much sense. Hopefully if
 > you read on, the example may speak for itself.

It's hard to know which parts of your example are intentionally
pointless, so I'll stick to the question in the subject line.

I can think of two ways to clear a process' mailbox. Either, you kill
the process, or you consume the messages. One way to kill a process is
suicide, perhaps preceeded by a message.

Matt