[erlang-questions] help: Erlang MIDI driver for MAC OS X

G Bulmer <>
Mon Jan 21 14:52:16 CET 2008

> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:35:46 +0100
> From: "Joe Armstrong" <>
> Subject: [erlang-questions] help: Erlang MIDI driver for MAC OS X
> Hello,
> I'm trying to write an Erlang midi driver to connect an external
> Roland Synthesizer (SH-201) to
> a MacBook.
> So far I can receive MIDI events from the synt but not send events.
> Does anybody have any experience with the Mac OS X CoreAudio Framework
>  in particular with the CoreMIDI routines?

I have no experience, but I have been subscribing to Apple Developer
for years, and I found some old (2004) links which led to these:
(I assume you have them, but better to be safe than sorry !-)

G Bulmer

PS: I thought Apples mailing list UI was unbelievably unfriendly. I
clicked on "Mailing List Archives" and it looked empty! I had to
really dig. UI guidelines? Horrid!
PPS: I couldn't find the coreaudio swiki, but this may be why: http://