[erlang-questions] How to use Mnesia Database from C/C++/Java ?

Amritpal Singh amritpal.singh@REDACTED
Mon Jan 21 08:52:46 CET 2008

Dear All,

I am completely novice to Erlang, though have been working into telecom domain for quite some time.
I have some of my applications like SMSC and others which need temporary data-storage written in C.
Till date, i have been using relational databases like 'MySQL/Oracle' for temporary storage purpose. Because of performance constraints i need to shift this temporary storage to some in-memory database.
>From initial overview, 'MNESIA' seems to be perfect replacement for my scenario.
Have installed the same and tried to access the same from 'Erlang' , thankfully , have got the success in doing the same.

Now, my problem is , i don't want to change the core of my application which is already encoded in 'C' , so need to access 'Mnesia DB' from 'C'.
As per my findings, there are no ODBC drivers available for Mnesia.
So, think need to have some kind of external interface to 'Erlang' like 'Erl_Interface' which i can use from 'C' program to interact with 'Mnesia DB'.

I just want to know if someone has worked on such kind of architecture ?
 If yes, can u please share your valuable experiences ?
If no, how feasible and reliable does it seem to you ?

Waiting for your valuable inputs.

Thanks and Regards,
Amritpal Singh

This message and its attachments contain confidential information and may also contain legally privileged information. This message is intended solely for the named addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or authorized to receive for addressee), you may not copy or deliver any part of this message or its attachments to anyone or use any part of this message or its attachments. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments (and all copies) from your system and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments that does not relate to the official business of Cellebrum.com Pvt Ltd or its affiliates and/or subsidiaries must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by any of them. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Cellebrum.com Pvt Ltd, shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Cellebrum.com Pvt Ltd. Any action/proceeding/opportunity upon the contents of this email taken by not intended addressee shall attract liabilities both criminal and civil against such addressee.

Email communications are not private and no warranty is made that e-mail communications are timely, secure or free from computer virus or other defect.