[erlang-questions] bug: internal error in v3_codegen

Mateusz Berezecki mateuszb@REDACTED
Sun Jan 20 17:19:12 CET 2008

On Jan 20, 2008, at 11:00 AM, Bjorn Gustavsson wrote:

> Mateusz Berezecki <mateuszb@REDACTED> writes:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I am both sorry and amused of reporting this error, as I sort of have
>> really
>> unlucky day when it comes to erlang. I don't know if it was reported
>> before or not,
>> but here it is
>
> Thanks for bug report. I sure am lucky to have received so many
> good bug reports for the compiler after R12B-0 release. :-)
> I hope that the rest of your day was more lucky when it came to
> Erlang. :-)

Sort of :-) That's the another bug I had encountered during that day.
I just did not note it down so had to "reinvent" it again.

test: function test/1+11:
   Internal consistency check failed - please report this bug.
   Instruction: {bs_append,{f,0},
                           {integer,0},
                           0,1,1,
                           {x,0},
                           {field_flags,[]},
                           {x,1}}
   Error:       {match_context,{x,0}}:

./test.erl:7: Warning: variable 'Bin' is unused

the smallest test case I managed to make is

-module(test).

-export([test/1]).

test(<<>>) -> ok;
test(<<Bin:32,Rest/bits>>) ->
         test(<<Rest/bits>>).

And yes, I know how to work around this bug but still reporting it :)

best regards,
Mateusz Berezecki