[erlang-questions] question: gen_sctp problems on macosx / linux

Mateusz Berezecki <>
Thu Jan 17 12:57:55 CET 2008

On Jan 17, 2008, at 3:26 AM, Serge Aleynikov wrote:

> SCTP implementation has only been tested on the platforms mentioned
> in the description section of http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/gen_sctp.html
> .  MacOS is not supported (is there a kernel module for SCTP in
> MacOS?).  If you are trying this on Linux, please make sure you have
> the kernel or above and user-level lksctp-tools-1.0.6
> package installed.

Thank you for the response Serge.
There is a kernel extension for MacOS but that's not the kind of a
I am looking for.

Are there any good working user-space implementations for SCTP protocol?
I'm looking for a portable SCTP stack which would work with Windows/

Would there be any interest in creating such stack for Erlang ?

The only concerns I am having are for performance reasons of such
piece of software.

Do you have any comments?

best regards,
Mateusz Berezecki