[erlang-questions] Erlang (R11B-5 or R12B-0) on UltraSPARC III

Mikael Pettersson mikpe@REDACTED
Tue Jan 8 09:55:48 CET 2008

Sergei Golovan writes:
 > Hi!
 >
 > Did someone build and run Erlang/OTP on UltraSPARC III hardware? When
 > building it on Debian GNU/Linux erlc routinely dies with bus error.
 >
 > Building on UltraSPARC II is fine.

I built it yesterday on a machine with two USIIIi CPUs running
Solaris 9. There were no problems.

I seem to recall hearing that the Linux kernel has problems on
some UltraSPARC models. You should ask around in the sparclinux
mailing list.

My private SPARC is a U5 w/ a USIIi CPU, and both Linux and
Erlang/OTP work flawlessly on it.