[erlang-questions] Mnesia, versioning and recovering from network splits

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Wed Jan 2 12:48:40 CET 2008

Folks,

I think there's a reasonably straightforward way for Mnesia to recover
from network splits. I also think that it would be much faster to
merge databases in this scenario than drop a database and reload it
form backups.

I believe merging databases would require versioning of Mnesia records
(simple integer should do) and the addition of a merging mechanism.
Record versions would be shipped around and the latest version of the
record would then be pulled by the server that has fallen behind.

What are the flaws in my thinking?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com