[erlang-questions] Erlang RB12-1 Mac OS X Leopard problems

Mikael Pettersson mikpe@REDACTED
Thu Feb 28 14:17:15 CET 2008

Vlad Balin writes:
 > Hello,
 > I've got a bit different problem with last OTP release on MacOS 10.5 Leopard
 > (iMac G5, ppc, 32-bit mode).
 >
 > I can't build HiPE for some reason. Configure script says that there
 > floating point exceptions are unreliable and this is the reason to disable
 > HiPE on ppc. However, I've got no problems with HiPE on MacOS 10.4 on the
 > same machine. Is there any specific reasons that HiPE is disabled, or this
 > is bug?

The configure script reporting unreliable floating-point exceptions
most probably means that the FPE test program couldn't be compiled
on OSX 10.5, which in turn is probably because Apple has seen fit to
make incompatible changes between 10.4 and 10.5.

Someone with access to 10.5 will need to update the FPE test program
embedded in erts/configure.in to work also on 10.5.