[erlang-questions] Strange behaviour of ets

Christian S chsu79@REDACTED
Wed Feb 27 13:39:27 CET 2008

Remember that you're in the shell when you create the ets table, some
process there becomes the table owner.

My guess that the actual evaluation happens in an isolated process,
and that it crashed when you did see the first exception, and that the
shell spawns a new process to continue with input 94.

Shell-implementation is not my strong side. So I am only guessing.
List all existing ets tables before and after to see if your ets table
has disappeared.

Or surround your crashing select with a catch so the exception is
stopped from crashing the evaluating process.

These errors are not obvious. The abstractions break down. It is sad
but easy to live with. Real code doesn't run in the shell.