[erlang-questions] Distributed Erlang

Ahmed Diaa ahmed.diaa@REDACTED
Sun Feb 24 13:13:44 CET 2008

Hello all ,
My question is about having two erlang nodes running on two machines
I'm trying to ping nodes , using net_adm:ping function , it always
return pang
Notes:
1- When i try it between two machines on one domain , it works fine
2- When i try net_adm:names(HOST) and give HOST as the ip address ,it
returns the name of node on that host with the port listening on (even
for machines not on same domain)
BUT when trying ping that node , it doesn't work

so , any hints?
thanks in advance

Ahmed Diaa
Software Developer
Customer Adaptation Center
Ericsson Egypt Ltd,
ECN: 821 7087
Mobile: +20 16 5501-604
E-mail: ahmed.diaa@REDACTED <mailto:radwa.xh.hussein@REDACTED>
Office address: KM28, Smart Village, Cairo/Alex Desert Road, B86,
Ericsson
This communication is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in
error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and
delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you. E-mail including
attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption,
unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and
receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such
corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any
consequences thereof.