[erlang-questions] Associating contextual info with monitors

Dave Peticolas dave@REDACTED
Sat Feb 23 03:42:30 CET 2008

Ulf Wiger wrote:
> No, terminate() is always called, if possible. If the server isn't
> trapping exits, the server may die without being able to do any
> cleanup.

Thanks for your answer. Now trapping exits is required for terminate
to be called, right? The gen_server docs seem to indicate this.

In my testing, it seems like terminate is only called if the
gen_server is trapping exits, even if it is a 'normal' shutdown.

thanks,
dave