[erlang-questions] Practical Erlang Programming

Brian Cully bcully@REDACTED
Fri Feb 22 00:07:30 CET 2008

On 21-Feb-2008, at 16:50, Francesco Cesarini wrote:
> In these lines, we are very interested in hearing what others
> feel we should include in such a book.
>
> We have lots of ideas on OTP, but that in itself is a completely
> different beast we hope to tackle as soon as this book is out. So hope
> you have a bit of patience and bear with us....

	Unfortunately, what I would really like is something akin to an OTP
Illustrated. OTP is by far the hardest thing I have to wrap my head
around. Proper use of supervisor tree, best practices on function
placement, common idioms, etc.,.

	A lot of the other stuff you can pick up pretty quickly from the man
pages an existing sources, but for some reason I have a hard time
getting very far into OTP.

	My biggest problems all tend to revolve around optimal use of those
libraries and understanding the culture they promulgated.

-bjc