[erlang-questions] how: Setting Process Limit with escript or Running w/o Compiling

Alexandre Skyrme askyrme@REDACTED
Thu Feb 21 22:21:52 CET 2008

Greetings,

I'm interested in running Erlang code _without_ compiling it and recently
I found out about escript. I've been able to run some code with it,
however I cannot get around the default maximum process limit (32768) when
using it.

Is there some way to change that limit within Erlang code or maybe by
using some command line option to escript (such as the +P used with erl)?

I'd also be interested in any alternatives, other than escript, to run
Erlang code without compiling it. Using Erlang's shell interactively seems
to result in code compilation before execution. Simply using erl with the
-s, -noshell and "run start stop" options, only seems to work if I first
compile.

In case it makes any difference, I'm using Erlang on Ubuntu 7.10, AMD64,
installed from the Ubuntu repository package, without HiPE.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,
--
Alexandre Skyrme