[erlang-questions] long term stability of zlib/crypto

Joern <>
Wed Feb 20 15:05:08 CET 2008

Hi Joe,

On 20/02/2008, Joe Armstrong <> wrote:

>  Any recommendations for such a C library (actually pure Erlang might
>  not be so bad,
>  The compress/encrypt cycle is very rare) - has anybody thought about
>  how to ensure that crypto/comprerssion libraries are long-term stable.

Have a look at http://www.7-zip.org/ - there is a pure LZMA SDK in
C/CPP. There are also the sevenzip application sources which include
AES encryption. The latter (or both, I didn't check in detail)
features LZMA + ZIP, GZIP and BZIP2 for roundtrip compression.

Best regards,