[erlang-questions] failed to enable SMP support in otp_src_R12B-1

Raymond Xiong Raymond.Xiong@REDACTED
Wed Feb 20 11:30:23 CET 2008

Hello,

I have a Sun Ultra 40(a dual-core amd64 machine) which runs
Solaris Nevada. I used to run otp_src_R12B-0 on it and had
no problem in enabling SMP support in Erlang emulator(actually
I did nothing for that, it was enabled automatically).

However, recently I upgrated the machine to Solaris Nevada
latest build, which had some changes in sctp header files
and caused otp_src_R12B-0 failed to compile. So I downloaded
otp_src_R12B-1, configured and compiled it. But this time
I couldn't enable SMP support, even if I configured it
explicitly with SMP support:

   $ CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/gd2 ./configure --prefix=/myroot \
     --enable-smp-support --enable-threads

   (I specified CPPFLAGS because libgd header files were placed
   under /usr/include/gd2 on Solaris)

Has anyone encountered the same issue? I checked makefiles but
didn't figure out how they worked together to generate ERTS_SMP.

Thanks for any help.

- rayx