[erlang-questions] BitTorrent downloads

Mon Feb 18 17:20:41 CET 2008

During the release of Erlang/OTP R12B-1 we happened to be
flooded by spam backscatter that severely affected
the available download capacity. During that time
Holger Hoffstaette, thanks a lot!, kindly provided
a BitTorrent download. Some made good use of it and as you
all know the more that uses a BitTorrent the faster it gets.

Holger shall not have to do it in the future
since we have now set up a BitTorrent tracker at
http://www.erlang.org:6969 that lists the available
.torrent files and some statistics. New and large
release files will appear there. We also have an
initial seeder limited to 400 kBit/s to guarantee
that the BitTorrent distribution gets started

Please try it soon so we know it works before the release
of R12B-2 when it will see its first real action.