[erlang-questions] code dependency diagrams

Joern opendev@REDACTED
Fri Feb 15 19:24:12 CET 2008

Hi Ulf,

On 15/02/2008, Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) <ulf.wiger@REDACTED> wrote:

>  And now to the question: Which tool would you recommend I use?
>  I looked at Eclipse once, but got the feeling that you won't get
>  anywhere without first writing a thousand or so lines of Java code.
>  Is this still the way to go?

The yed package[1] (Java) might be a better alternative - the GraphML
XML it supports (among other inputs formats) does not a look that
scary and it's pretty versatile when it comes to automatic layout.
There also is an Eclipse integration. I never used the latter but yed
is a quite nice package. I am somewhat interested in the topic as well
so if my time permits I am willing to throw your dependency graph data
against a yet to be written converter (or XLST).

Best regards from Berlin,

Joern

[1]: http://www.yworks.com/en/products_yed_about.html