[erlang-questions] Selecting X number of items from Mnesia

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Fri Feb 8 11:08:32 CET 2008

Hynek Vychodil skrev:
> Just from qlc manual:
>
> To return just a few answers cursors can be used. The following code
> returns no more than five answers using an ETS table for storing the
> unique answers:
>
> C = qlc:cursor(qlc:q([X || X <- qlc:append(QH1, QH2)],{unique,true})),
> R = qlc:next_answers(C, 5),
> ok = qlc:delete_cursor(C),
> R.

Note, thought, that this will be much more costly than using
select() with a limit on number of matching objects.

The cursor support needs to create a temporary store, which in
the case of QLC is solved using a separate process. This will
involve quite some copying.

BR,
Ulf W