[erlang-questions] erlsom and binary parsing output

Zvi exta7@REDACTED
Thu Feb 7 02:21:32 CET 2008

Hi Willem,

I using erlsom and it's much easier to use, than xmerl.
The added benefit, that I do not need to patch my Erlang instalation with
'windows-1252' encoding support.
My problem with erlsom is,that parsed strings are lists. Is there are any
option in erlsom so xs:string will be mapped to the Erlang binary?
Also in XML Data Binding product I was using with C++, you can specify
mappings from XSD datatypes to the C++ datatypes and even create mappings
for custom datatypes.
In my schema I have integers and floats, besides strings, but they all
mapped to strings (more exactly to Erlang lists of ASCII codes :).
Some C++ XML Data Binding products even handle enums (which is much bigger
problem in C++ than in Erlang - no atoms). For example I can map XSD
datatype xs:date to my custom class CDate and just provide two methods:
fromString and toString.
If erlsom will map at least standard XSD datatypes to standard Erlang
datatypes it will be also usefull.

Thanks for the usefull tool.
Zvi