[erlang-questions] Erlang has handed in Italy

Corrado Santoro csanto@REDACTED
Sat Feb 2 00:44:24 CET 2008

Hi Jilani,

Jilani Khaldi ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> on the issue 62 of Linux&C (the nr 1 magazine about Linux in Italy)
> there is an interview to Joe Armstrong (Hi Joe and sorry for the long
> delay) about Erlang.
> http://www.oltrelinux.com/home.php?num_riv=62
WOW... I'll buy the magazine :-)

> In the next issue (63) it will be a long article about the language.
If you think it's worth, you may cite that at the University of Catania
(Engineering Faculty) we have a small research community that uses
Erlang for research purposes; many students working with us use Erlang
for their BSc and MSc thesis and we also have lectures reserved to them.
I don't know if this is the sole experience, in Italy, but it's probable.

We hope, in the future, to officially introduce Erlang in a course of
the Computer Engineering degree.

All the best,
--Corrado

Eng. Corrado Santoro, Ph.D.
University of Catania - ITALY - Engineering Faculty

Tel: +39 095 7382380        VoIP: sip:7035@REDACTED

Personal Home Page: http://www.diit.unict.it/users/csanto
     NUXI Home Page: http://nuxi.diit.unict.it