[erlang-questions] Newbie question: wait until an absolute time

Christian S chsu79@REDACTED
Fri Feb 1 15:31:37 CET 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 3:10 PM, Matthias Lang <matthias@REDACTED> wrote:
>  > Instead I would limit my sleep to perhaps day-intervals, and close
>  > down to smaller intervals when I get closer to the absolute
>  > time.
>
> Realistically, that's a good idea, though day-intervals are rather
> long if you ever want to load new code.

That's a good point.

If one has one very distant event, then one probably have more of
them, and anything longer
than a few hours should probably be stored in persistant storage
and/or replicated or they will be
forgotten when the power goes out and nobody checked that the diesel
backup's  start batteries
were charged.

That case alone makes this a larger project. Can crone.erl do this?