[erlang-questions] Newbie: Problem TCP connection erlang-python

Per Hedeland per@REDACTED
Fri Feb 1 15:31:36 CET 2008

"Andreas Hillqvist" <andreas.hillqvist@REDACTED> wrote:

>I was wondering what the default value was.
>It was not clear to me when a read the documentation for inet and
>gen_tcp moduel.

I guess an explicit mention of "This is the default." after "No
packaging is done." wouldn't hurt...

>But i guess that is because that the default values can be changed?

I think you should have seen enough of the OTP group's views on
backwards compatibility to realize that a change that would break
gazillions of applications for no good reason isn't all that likely to
happen.:-) No, as I indicated, I think it isn't mentioned because it's
"obvious" - what other "packaging" could possibly be default? Or with a
slightly different view: If you don't give *any* 'packet' option, you
will obviously not get any "packaging" - which is what 'raw' or 0 means.

--Per