[erlang-questions] Function clause question

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Fri Dec 26 08:53:46 CET 2008

It's basically a matter of taste, but in your specific example,
there is also a semantic difference:

[_H | _T] matches only if the list is non-empty, whereas

   (Arg, Bin) when is_list(Arg)

also matches empty lists.

<<Arg/binary>> does match the empty binary, though.

BR,
Ulf W