[erlang-questions] wrapping ss7 in a linked-in driver

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Thu Dec 18 22:53:10 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 09:33:42PM +0000, Joel Reymont wrote:
> I meant generating linked-in driver code, C and Erlang, by
> parsing C header files.

What API is implemented in C?

> ETSI MAP is what I'm thinking about.

Do you have in mind interfacing to a MAP implemented in C?
Or implementing a MAP layer in Erlang on top of a C TCAP?

> Any issues to be aware of?

I had the whole stack available from NMS but found that it
made more sense for me to implement the MAP and TCAP in
Erlang.  Running the stacks embedded didn't seem a good fit
for an Erlang system.

I was happy with the portability I achieved using autotools
targetting sparc and x86 in both 32 and 64 bits.  One build
system handled them all.  An example is in this project:

	http://netaccess-erldrv.googlecode.com

	-Vance