[erlang-questions] compile a module against a different otp minor version

Nicolas Charpentier nc@REDACTED
Wed Dec 17 15:33:40 CET 2008

Hi,

Pablo Platt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to compile a module against a different minor otp version
> that the one the module is going to run in?
> For example, if I have R12B-3 can I run a module compiled using R12B-5?

As long as you are using API that are present in R12B-3, I think that
your beam will be compatible, but I never tried it.

> How can I find out the minor version of the OTP?

erlang:system_info(version).
"Y.X".

with Y is the major version (5.5 for R11B and 5.6 for R12B) and
X is the minor version (after the '-').

Regards,
-----
Nicolas Charpentier