[erlang-questions] Autogenerating node names

Per Hedeland per@REDACTED
Sat Dec 13 11:17:50 CET 2008

"Robert Virding" <rvirding@REDACTED> wrote:

>2008/12/12 Per Hedeland <per@REDACTED>
>
>> Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

>> >Since about exactly 4 years ago.
>>
>> Right, see http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers - though we
>> don't know how long it's been in /etc/services on your mac.:-) (Sadly
>> it's not there in a recent FreeBSD version, seems they don't add ports
>> above 1024 anymore.)
>

>It's not here in Ubuntu 8.10 either. :-(

FWIW, my successful grep was on a FC 5 system, i.e. almost 3 years old:

$ ls -l /etc/services
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 362031 Feb 23  2006 /etc/services

Yeah I know, "Linux is just the kernel" and Ubuntu and Fedora are two
*completely* different OSes...:-)

--Per