[erlang-questions] semantics hot code swapping in Erlang

Austin Anderson ama08r@REDACTED
Fri Dec 12 20:43:12 CET 2008

Heya,

I'm wanting to get into researching hot code swapping and was wondering if
there was a (formal) semantics for Erlang's behaviour with respects to hot
code swapping. I have read the Erlang 4.7.3 Reference Manual which I found
through the website, which gives a semi-formal specification, but if there
exists either in Erlang or in one of its spin off statically typed versions
a formal specification as to how the system behaves with respects to hot
code swapping I would appreciate being pointed in its direction.

Regards,
Austin