[erlang-questions] Build failing on Ubuntu 8.10

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Fri Dec 12 20:36:12 CET 2008

I did an Erlang install on ubuntu 8.10 last week - two extra
packages must be installed.

ncurses-dev (or whatever it's called) and M4

Once you've installed the ncurses dev configure will pass
the basic tests (it will probably complain about ssl etc - but ignore this, or
install open ssl)

When you run make it will probably fail because m4 is missing (it did for me)

do

$sudu apt-get install m4

then

$make clean